When reading a contract on Etherscan, you have the option to access the
Writefunctions of that contract.
Readfunctions allow you to access data and information stored by the contract.
Writefunctions allow you to interact with the contract using your own wallet (MetaMask/WalletConnect) and trigger transactions on the contract.
- 2.Search for an address. You can also search for a token symbol (e.g., '
BNT') in some cases. If the address you are viewing belongs to a contract, the option to view the contract will appear.
- 3.Click Contract to view the available functions.A new section will appear with the
Writeoptions:You can interact with the
Readsection without connecting your wallet.
- 4.Click Write Contract or Write as Proxy. An option to connect your wallet will appear:
- 5.Click Connect to Web3 to open the wallet selection menu:
- 6.Connect your wallet using one of the available options. If the connection succeeds, the indication will turn green and enable interaction: